Thanks for taking your time to read our review on the Russell Hobbs Powersteam Ultra steam iron. This is one of the biggest selling steam irons on the UK market right now.
It is from the well known household brand of Russell Hobbs. This iron has got all the right features which we explain in detail throughout this review.
It is important to note though that it is the combination of these features, a very competitive price point, and high buyer satisfaction rating, that make this iron so popular and a best selling product.
Who Would Buy this Iron?
Most homes use a steam iron like this one so really anyone could make use of this particular iron. That said, any buyer who likes this brand, will almost be certain to own this model.
Buyers who are looking a good quality iron, without having to break the bank will also be very likely to buy this rich featured model.
If you are in a hurry, and don't have time to read the rest of this detailed review, then you check the availability of this iron at Amazon UK, by clicking here.
How Buyers Rate this Russell Hobbs Iron?
- Overall this steam iron has an online buyer satisfaction rating of 89%
- 9% of all online buyers gave this a full 5 star rating
- 7% of all buyers gave this product a poor rating
The above ratings are based on over 5,000 online reviews from various iron and laundry websites, at the time when we did our research.
The high number of reviews shows just how well this iron is selling.
What Buyers Say About this Russell Hobbs Iron?
We have shown below a Pros & Cons table on what online buyers said about this product, after they had bought and used it.
Powersteam Ultra Specification
- Has a 3100 watt boiler which means that this heats up very quickly
- It has a very smooth ceramic soleplate which means no snagging of your clothes
- This model has a tapered tip with button groove- this allows your iron to get into those awkward bits of fabric around buttons to give your clothes a professionally ironed finish
- Has a vertical steam function which is very useful for working on any type of hanging garments
- Has a handy water spray function, ideal for helping remove stubborn creases and wrinkles in your clothes
- The good news is this iron has a triple self-cleaning function to help prolong the life of your iron - this includes an anti scale cartridge
- It has a 350 ml water tank
- It has a 3 metre long electrical cord (10 feet)
- Buyers mentioned that this iron has a powerful 210 g burst of steam that is very handy for dealing with creases in denim or linen
- The normal steam function operate at 45 g of continuous steam to tackle cotton clothing - the steam level can be adjusted
- Has auto-shut off if motionless for 30 seconds laying down or after 8 minutes if left in the vertical position
Video Review of the Powersteam Ultra
Our Verdict on the Russell Hobbs Powersteam Ultra
Buyers have given this iron a very high rating and maintained it.
The number of complaints is low and that is a good sign,
This is about the average price for an iron of this type so competitive.
- We think this is a very good value for money iron
- It is worth knowing that this iron will come with a little water in the tank as a result of testing just before being sold - so don't think it is a used iron
- You get quite a lot of useful features for your money, and the self-cleaning is really useful
- It has lot of buyer reviews and has maintained a very high overall buyer satisfaction
If this is not the steam iron for you then check out our top 10 list of the best steam irons by clicking here.
We have little hesitation whatsoever in recommending this Russell Hobbs Powerstream Ultra steam iron to any potential buyer.