Thanks for taking your time to read our review of the Russell Hobbs 23060 steam iron. For anyone considering a new steam iron, then this 23060 is one of the lightest models, from the well respected Russell Hobbs brand and is worth your consideration.
Those who have bought this iron, used it and then taken the time to leave a review, have given it a satisfaction rate of 86%. This has been consistent over a good period of time.
There are over 3,000 online reviews about this iron and that makes it a massive seller. Usually you can find this iron for under £20 so buyers also believe this is great value for money.
This is a 2400 watt iron with a 300 ml water tank. The standard size of water tank for a steam iron is 300 ml. So the one in this model is spot on in terms of standard sizing.
It is one of the lightest irons with a weight of 1.12 kg, and that makes it one of the lightest irons, as the average weight of a steam iron is about 1.5 kg.
It has a 40 gram per minute steam flow and a 110 gram steam boost for the tougher creases. Again that is spot on when it comes to the average ratings for a standard steam iron and the boost is above average.
There are many other features that we explain later in our review. As you can see from the image below, this is a nice looking iron.
Who Would Buy this Iron?
This iron is lighter than any other steam iron on the market.. That can make this a good choice for anyone with wrist problems or anyone who struggles with lifting heavier items.
You will struggle to find an iron any lighter than this model. It also makes it a good choice for travel as it helps keep down the weight in your suitcase.
It is of course going to be of interest to anyone who likes the Russell Hobbs brand.
If you are in a hurry, and don't have time to read the rest of this detailed review, then you check the availability of this iron at Amazon UK, by clicking here.
How Buyers Rate this 23060 Model
- Overall this steam iron has an online buyer satisfaction rating of 86%
- 66% of all online buyers gave this a full 5 star rating
- 7% of all buyers gave this product a poor rating
The above ratings are based on over 3500 online reviews from various iron and laundry websites, at the time when we did our research.
That huge number of reviews shows us just how popular this iron is and how well it has sold here in the UK.
What Buyers Say About this Iron
We have shown below a Pros & Cons table on what online buyers said about this product, after they had bought and used it.
- This iron measures 13 x 28.5 x 14.5 cm
- Has a 2M cord
- Weighs almost nothing ( 1.12Kg )
- Comes with a stainless steel soleplate
- This model has a 300 ml easy to fill water tank
- It uses 2400 watts to quickly heat up the iron
- Has 40 grams per minute of continuous steam and a 110 gram steam boost
- It can be used for vertical steaming which is handy for curtains etc
- Has a soft touch handle and dial
- Also comes with a self cleaning function
Video Review of the Russell Hobbs 23060
Our Verdict on the Russell Hobbs 23060
Buyers have given this iron a very high rating and maintained it.
The number of complaints is low and that is a good sign,
This is one of the the cheapest irons we have ever reviewed.
- Overall we think this is a amazing iron for such a low cost
- Online buyers clearly like this iron and it has maintained a high level of satisfaction
- The Russell Hobbs brand is well known and they offer a 3 year guarantee ( if you register it ) on this model which is longer than most
- We particularly liked that this iron is one of the lightest models you can buy
- The stainless steel Soleplate means that your iron will effortlessly glide over every material with ease
We really liked this iron, especially the price. It's so light and easy to use that it makes ironing all that bit more bearable. Being light and having the vertical steam feature make it ideal for curtains and also duvet covers.
The 110 gram steam shot is excellent for dealing with deep wrinkles and you don't have to go at all easy with this iron. Its a tough little model and way outperforms it's small price. It also looks quite cool!
I feel you could iron all day with this model as it's just so easy on the arms and shoulders. Many of the reviews actually say " even my husband could use this iron " and I know I can identify with that !
The only question I really had about this iron is whether it would stand the test of time, but it looks like it has proven itself to be durable now. With the three year warranty you should be pretty confident of that too, Russell Hobbs obviously are!
If this is not the steam iron for you then check out our top 10 list of the best steam irons by clicking here.
We have little hesitation whatsoever in recommending Russell Hobbs model as it is one of the best cordless models on the UK marketplace.