Thanks for taking your time to read our UK review of the Russell Hobbs 22860 Colour Control steam iron. According to our extensive research, this 22860 model is fairly new to the UK market, and so far it is getting excellent buyer ratings with an average score of 94%.
It comes in an aqua colour only and uses a digital temperature indicator that changes colour depending on the heat you select. That allows you to easily move between different fabric types at the touch of a button. There is a digital colour temperature indicator that helps identify the correct temperature for your fabric.
22860 Features at a Glance
30 seconds heat up time
2.5 metres cable length
How Online Buyers Rate the Russell Hobbs 22860
- Overall buyers rated this model with a 94% buyer satisfaction
- 81% of all buyers gave this a full 5 star review
- Around 1% of all buyers have given this a poor review
This is based on 150+ online buyers at the time of our research. We will update as the number of reviews increase.
What Online Buyers Say about the Russell Hobbs 22860
Our Opinion on the 22860
If you want to buy a good quality steam iron, then you will know there are any number of choices. So why on earth would you buy this 22860 model?
- Russell Hobbs - This is a well known brand with a solid UK customer service, so at least you know it is a well respected brand with strong local UK customer service and supported by a 3 year warranty
- Fast heat up - with some irons you may have to wait up to 2 minutes for the iron to get to the right temperature. That's ok if you are not in a rush. This model is good to go in 30 seconds and that might just be useful if you are in a hurry to iron something and get out the door
- Colour Temperature Indicator - This wonderful simple feature makes it really easy to identify the correct temperature for your fabric. It also stops you making mistakes with the wrong setting.
- Other good features - It has a decent length of a cord at 2.5 metres (8 feet) so that will work for most buyers. It also has a good sized tank, strong steam and the handy little steam shot when you need it. The vertical steam is handy for doing dresses, sheets and curtains and it also has the all important auto-shutoff feature should you forget you left your iron on.
Our Verdict on the Russell Hobbs 2400 watts 22860 Colour Control Steam Iron
94% buyer satisfaction based on 150+ online buyer reviews
This is not the cheapest steam iron on the market and at around £50-60 it is at the higher end of the price point range for steam irons
The reason buyers are making this purchase is because this iron is well made and built to last.
It has a lot of really useful features and the good news is they are all really simple to use.
The colour temperature control is particularly handy.
Pound for pound we think this really does represent very good value for money.
If this is not the steam iron for you, then check out our list of the top rated steam irons on the UK market. If you want to stick with the Russell Hobbs brand, then you can check out our top rated Russell Hobbs irons by clicking here.