Philips GC9236/02 Review
This GC9236/02 model is one of the highest rated on the market with a pretty amazing 4.8 out of 5 stars. It also happens to be one of the most expensive as it costs around £250, depending on where you make your final purchase. This is however a top of the range model, and they don’t come much better than this one.
If you can afford this one, then please just go ahead and buy it, as you will not be disappointed.
On this page you will find a full review of the GC9236/02.
MAIN FEATURES & BENEFITS of The Model GC9236/02 PerfectCare
Please find listed below a quick glance of the key features of this model from Philips:
- This one measures 28.3 x 26.3 x 42.4 cm
- It weighs 5 Kg
- It has 1.5 litre detachable tank, with an extra large filling hole – tank can be filled at any time
- It is powered by 2,400 watts
- Has 6 bars of pressure with 120 grams per minute of steam and a 320 gram steam boost
- Variable steam settings
- Has a useful carry lock
- Cord Length is 1.8 metres
- Hose length is 1.7 metres
- Suitable for tap water
- Energy saving mode
You can see simply from looking at the above features, that this is one of the higher quality models in the market right now. The tank is a good size and that will give you around 4-5 irons of ironing, before it needs filled up again.
The pressure on this is about as high as you can get these days, so plenty of steam at high pressure with this model as well.
This one is ready to use in just 2 minutes and de-scaling has never been easier. The actual sole plate of the iron is one of the very best on the market.
Probably the most striking feature about this iron is that they guarantee no burns on all iron-able fabrics. That is a big claim to make, and even if you leave your iron on the board, or the fabric, it will not burn. This feature means that your wrist will not be used as much lifting the iron backwards and forwards off the rest.
Pros & What Buyers Liked About The GC9236/02
I have listed below the main benefits that buyers mentioned when they were leaving their reviews. These are I believe, probably the most important things to look for, when you are considering buying a product. For this model there were over 50 buyer reviews, so there was a lot of useful information to find.
- Temperature is controlled automatically which means that you do not have to worry about it
- Easy and cost free to de-scale and no filters required which saves you money in the long term
- Can iron anything from jeans to silk
- Very light and easy to use
- Nice pointy nose that gets right into the corners
- Automatic shut-off should you forget to turn it off
- Good for vertical steaming
Cons & What Buyers Didn’t Like About The GC9236/02
- The main complaint is the price as some people can just not afford this one
- Needs a bit of space when stored
As you can see there is not a lot to complain about other than the price.
If you need their customer service line the number is 02079-490240
From time to time people find that their iron does not produce steam. Almost always this is because the water tank has run out. Sometimes it is because the tank is not properly clicked into place. It can also be because the water has not had time to heat up. People can also forget to press the steam trigger.
Summary & Recommendation For The GC9236/02
We would be foolish not to recommend this given the high ratings, and the fact that buyers really loved this particular model. It is in our opinion, one of the very best on the market right now. The one thing that will put people off is of course the price. It is expensive, but if you can afford it, then go for it.
This is basically care free ironing as you don’t have to worry about the settings. De-scaling is super simple unlike many other models. You simply turn a knob and collect the dirty water in a cup or some other vessel.