The Philips Azur GC4410/02 is one of the best steam irons in the UK market. It is certainly very popular with buyers over at Amazon UK.
They like it so much that they give this model a high rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
That is a very good rating by any standards. With an average price of around £70, it is at the more expensive end of the steam iron market place. The question really is it worth the extra expense.
Who Would Buy the Philips Azur Model?
This is a high quality steam iron. These days there are plenty of cheaper models widely available in supermarkets. Although these work ok, they simply do not last. As a result you can end up buying a new iron every few months. That is usually after they ruin some of your garments, or simply stop working.
This one costs around £70 depending on where you buy it. It will however give you several years of dependable and reliable service. Sometimes it is worth investing the extra money to get a better quality product.
Key Features of the Philips GC4410/02 Model
Below I have listed the most important features of this Philip's iron. Underneath that I have then looked in more detail at the three features that make this iron particularly good.
Key Feature List
Has a 3 metre cord
Weighs 1.3 Kg with no water and about 1.6 Kg when filled with water
Holds around 300 ml of water
- Improved removal of creases as it has 40 grams per minute of steam output
- When required it also has a steam shot or boost of 130 grams
- It can also be used as a vertical Steam iron perfect for ironing curtains or hanging clothes such as suits and dresses
- Comes with the premium soleplate for smooth ironing
- This model comes with a precision steam tip - that allows your iron to get steam into those hard-to-reach areas
- Has a good system that prevents the build up of scale
- Plenty of Power - 2400 Watts that ensures a steady and constant high steam output
- Drip-stop system - this is important as it keeps your garments spotless while ironing (no rust spots or water marks)
- Comes with a 2 year worldwide guarantee
As you can see this has all of the features of most standard items. Those are what I think are the basic requirements and this iron does all of them very well. However I did say that I would go into a little more detail three specific and very good features of this model.
Precision Steam Tip
If you have ever tried to get the point of an iron into awkward areas, then you know this can often be a challenge. With the steam tip of this Philips iron, there are specially shaped holes in the tip. This allows more steam out and as such helps you reach, and remove creases from even the smallest areas.
Drip Stop and Anti-Calc Feature
These are two slightly different features. They combine though to ensure that your iron does not rust or drip water onto your clothes. The drip stop function allows you to iron delicate fabrics such as silk, at a low temperature without the iron spurting out any dirty water.
The Double active calc system prevents the build up of scale on your iron. Together these features help protect your clothes from drips or spitting from the iron.
Vertical Steam Feature
Not many people who iron make use of this feature. Many normal steam irons simply don't have it, but this one does. To make use of it you simply hang the garment up like a suite or dress, and then allow the steam to go to work on ant creases. The steady out put of steam ensures that the steam, along with the natural weight of the hanging garment quickly remove creases.
What Buyers Liked About the Philips Azur GC4410/02
I have looked at the many reviews on this model. As you can see from the high rating these were overall very good. I did notice that buyers particularly liked the following elements about this model:
- Many buyers said this model ironed jeans really well. It worked on the hardest creases.
- Feels heavy in the hand and that helps the ironing process
- There are no drips with this model
- Very smooth ironing experience
- The steam tip is a really useful feature
What Buyers Did Not Like About the Philips Azur GC4410/02
There is not a lot to dislike about this Philip's model. However one or two buyers did mention the following:
- They would have preferred a plastic clip instead of the velcro clip to hold the cable
- A few buyers said this iron was a little awkward to fill, because of the dense blue colour and that made it difficult to see when the tank was full.
The Philips Azur GC4410/02 model does get a consistently high rating. As such it is hard to argue with buyers that although a tad expensive, it is worth the extra money.
People liked the steam tip, the power and the way that the iron glided over the garments. Based on that we would have no hesitation in recommending the GC4410/02 model as one of the better steam irons in the market place.