The Jet 42293 from Morphy Richards costs around £100 on average depending on where you make your purchase. On average online buyers rate this one with an average satisfaction rating of 76%. Now this is not quite as good as the other main model in this range, which is the 4244, and also the best seller at Amazon.
That said this one still makes sales and as such I did want to include it in my reviews. It is a nice solid looking iron as you can see from the image, and of course it is made by an excellent brand, so you should have no worries about any type of after service, should you need it.
If you would like to see the entire range of Morphy Richard Irons, Click Here.
Their UK Helpline number is 0844-871-0960 should you ever need it, and you can get any replacement parts by calling 0844-871-0960
Key Features of the Jet Stream 42293
- It measures 42.2 x 30 x 25.2 cm and weighs 3.8 Kg
- It is powered with 2,200 watts
- The steam is 90 grams per minute ideal for easy crease removal
- It also has a stainless steel soleplate which works very well
- It has a one litre removable water tank which is enough for 3-4 hours of ironing
- Heats up quickly
- Vertical steam works well on hanging garments and curtains
- Easy to use anti-lime scale filters for lasting performance
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
So as you can see from these, this iron ticks many of the important boxes.
Main Pros & What Buyers Liked
- The price point is good and most buyers though that this iron was good value for money
- The tank is big enough to be able to iron without any interruptions for between 3-4 hours
- The vertical steam option is a very useful thing to have and really does work well on curtains, dresses and even suits
- Easy to set up and also easy to use
- People thought the stainless steel soleplate worked very well and glided easily
One buyer said this about her purchase.
Having a real hatred for ironing I found the light weight iron made quick work of this dreaded task. Although light the steam generated by the iron made short work of the heavy creases in jeans and bed linen.
Main Cons & What Buyers Didn’t Like
- You do have to buy anti-scaling filters to keep your iron in good working order
- Some thought that the cord was too short
On the iron itself you will find a temperature control dial, and a temperature indicating light. This light will remain on until the iron has reached the correct temperature.
There is also a power switch with an indicator light, and a boiler temperature indicator light. When you get your iron delivered, just be sure to remove and stickers that may have been used for protection.
After that all you have to do is slide out the water tank, fill it up to the recommended line, and then put it back in.
The manufacturer does state that if you live in a hard water area, that you should use distilled water. After that you pick your temperature on the dial, and switch the iron on.
People have complained about strange noises coming from their iron. This is caused when the water tanks is getting low. When that happens, the iron starts to draw in air instead of water, and you will hear a strange noise. The simple fix is to fill up the water tank and you are good to go again.
Cleaning A Stainless Steel Soleplate
Simply use a chrome, stainless steel, or silver cleaner which you can buy in most hardware stores. If you ever happen to melt a fabric on to the soleplate, then turn the iron on to the third dot position, and carefully pass over the soleplate with a clean piece of cotton. That works a treat. Never use anything that will scour or scrape the soleplate.
Summary & Verdict
Personally I think the Jet Stream 4244 is a better iron, is slightly cheaper and also the best seller at Amazon. You can read about that one by clicking here. That said, people still buy this one and I could not find a single bad review about this model.
It is well made, and looks like a very reliable iron. It also has some nice features and for most people, will certainly reduce the length of time stuck behind an ironing board. The vertical steam on this iron works great ad is handy for bigger items like curtains and bed sheets.