Thanks for taking your time to read our review of the Breville VIN401 steam iron. For anyone considering a new steam iron, then this DiamondXpress Steam Iron is one of the most popular models and is made by the well respected Breville brand.
Those who have bought this iron, used it and then taken the time to leave a review, have given it a satisfaction rate of 86%. This has been consistent over a good period of time.
There are over 2,000 online reviews about this iron and that makes it a massive seller. Many buyers really like the style of this iron.
This is a 3100 watt iron with a 400 ml water tank. The standard size of water tank for a steam iron is 300 ml. So the one in this model is larger than the standard iron
The average wattage in a steam iron is 2400, so again this Breville is much higher, meaning that this iron heats up in under 30 seconds.
It weighs 1.63 kg, and that makes slightly heavier than other irons, as the average weight of a steam iron is about 1.5 kg.
It has a 70 gram per minute steam flow and a 200 gram steam boost for the tougher creases. Again that is well above the average ratings for a standard steam iron, in fact the 200 gram steam boost is one of the most powerful I have seen
There are many other features that we explain later in our review. As you can see from the image below, this is a nice looking iron, that comes in a variety of 8 different colours.
Who Would Buy this Iron?
The typical buyer for this iron is someone who wants to get through a pile of school uniforms, wants to have precision for creasing expensive work shirts, or a versatile steam function for delicate dresses.
This iron catches the eye and has a high gloss white finish is accented with rose gold embellishment and a glittering diamond print detail. (colours vary)
The temperature control dial is set with dazzling crystals, to create a genuinely luxurious finish.
There are also plenty of features.
If you are in a hurry, and don't have time to read the rest of this detailed review, then you check the availability of this iron at Amazon UK, by clicking here.
How Buyers Rate this VIN401 Model
- Overall this steam iron has an online buyer satisfaction rating of 86%
- 66% of all online buyers gave this a full 5 star rating
- 9% of all buyers gave this product a poor rating
The above ratings are based on over 2000 online reviews from various iron and laundry websites, at the time when we did our research.
That huge number of reviews shows us just how popular this iron is and how well it has sold here in the UK.
What Buyers Say About this Iron
We have shown below a Pros & Cons table on what online buyers said about this product, after they had bought and used it.
- This iron measures 30.99 x 13.69 x 14.99 cm
- It is available in 8 differentcolours
- Has a wide ceramic soleplate
- It has a 400 easy fill water tank
- 70 grams of continuous steam and a 200 gram steam boost when required
- With 3100 watts of power this is one of the fastest steam irons to heat up
- Also has automatic shut off, anti scale, anti-drip and self cleaning functions
- Has a 3 metre cord with 360 degree action
- Can be used for vertical steaming
- Has a self cleaning and anti-scale feature
Video Review of the Breville VIN401
Our Verdict on the Breville VIN401 Steam Iron
Buyers have given this iron a very high rating and maintained it.
The number of complaints is low and that is a good sign.
This is around the average price for an iron of this type so it's competitive.
- Overall we think this is a very good value for money iron
- Online buyers clearly like this iron and it has maintained a high level of satisfaction
- The Breville brand is well known and they offer a 2 year guarantee
- We particularly liked that this iron is quite heavy yet still very comfortable to use
- The diamond Infused ceramic soleplate means that your iron will effortlessly glide over every material with ease
We really liked this iron. It's pretty heavy but easy to use and the handle is so comfortable that it makes ironing all that bit more bearable. It has every single feature that you would look for and expect at this price point and probably a few more than you didn't even know were available.
I particularly like the extra features, such as the indicator that tells you when the iron is cool enough to put away, the very neat cord storage feature and the extra long cord.
I think it's a bit heavy for ironing curtains with the vertical steam feature but it would be great for small areas.
The 200 gram steam shot powers through deep wrinkles and you don't have to go at all easy with this iron, It's a real work horse.
If this is not the steam iron for you then check out our top 10 list of the best steam irons by clicking here.
We have little hesitation whatsoever in recommending Breville model as it is one of the best mid range models on the UK marketplace.